Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Saturday before Easter 2009

Saturday April 11 began with all of our children's families accompanying us to St. Mark Presbyterian Church for the Bunny Breakfast, a fund raiser for the Youth Group Trip. First, we had a delicious breakfast of waffles, sausage and juice made by the Men's Fellowship Group.
For those who finished breakfast early, there were games and craft tables around the perimeter of the gym.
It was also an opportunity to catch up with "old" friends---Jan M. and Carol C. with their new grandson Graham! I went to grade school with Carol and I've known Jan for around 25 years. Carol's son and Jan's daughter have two beautiful children---Robert (almost 2) and Graham (4-5 months old)
Finally, the event the children were waiting for---the Easter Egg Hunt! The first hunt was for 4 and unders in the courtyard.
Then, we went out to the playgrounds for the older children to hunt eggs and to see the Easter Bunny.

After the Bunny Breakfast, Kyle, Davis, Brett, Dave, Jason, Roman, Jim and Debbie (AKA Mother Hen), went to the Cardinals' Baseball Game. Meanwhile, Rachel, Rebecca, Libby and I stayed home, fixing food, cleaning up toys, and stuffing eggs for Sunday's egg hunt.
OK, we did a little relaxing in the sun, too.

When the "guys" got back from the game, we had hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner. They had a great time at the game with Albert Pujos hitting a grandslam, free baseball caps for the kids, and free Big Macs for them all because Albert's homerun landed in "Big Mac Land". Kyle declared it, "The best game I've seen in a long time."

1 comment:

Mizzou81 said...

I look so much like Dad....

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.