Saturday, August 8, 2009

Garage Sale, Part I

Leah and I agreed that we probably need to have a garage sale every year---to keep our abodes nice and tidy. My church will have a rummage sale next week, so I'm going to do what I did last year---have a garage sale, turn over half the profits and save my back from having to haul ALL of my stuff to church.
It was a bit of a challenge Thursday setting up with Eli.

We didn't put out the breakables until the sale began and Eli could be entertained in the yard.
One of my goals is to clean off a shelf of books each year. See, Rachel, there's a clean shelf (the crock pot is on last year's cleaned off shelf)
At the end of Thursday, we were ready to open up first thing Friday morning. We had our notebook ready.We found the sign Rachel made us last year and hung it with a few additions.
Leah had everything well-organized. This is "housewares."

We had our greeter/cashier/wrapper/babysitter.And, we had Eli under control.We advertised on Craig's List as beginning at 7 AM, but someone was waiting at 6 AM when I went out for the paper. . .

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

ha!!!! good times. i had forgotten about writing "your husband called - he said to buy everything" on that sign. :) haaaa

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.