Monday, August 24, 2009

Road Trip to Kansas City

After Roman's visit, Leah and Eli came over. We packed up and hit the road for Kansas City to take Roman home and to visit the Twenters.
First, we went to the Twenters where we dropped off Leah, Eli and their gear. Dave, Roman and I then headed north to his home in Parkville.
The next day, Rebecca, Roman, Dave and I headed to Kansas City to see Science City.
Before we actually entered the museum, we saw a rabbit outside (in downtown Kansas City!). While looking at him he hopped under the yellow Hummer above and then, stunned us by hopping inside the Hummer.
Once inside the museum, there were many activities and displays to entertain and educate us.
Roman is watching a blast of air send a beach ball in the air at an indoor miniature golf which had the physics lessons posted.
Then we saw a room with snakes, mice, rabbits and other small animals.
Rebecca and Roman are climbing up to the tree house.
They also had an exhibit with trains---I think Roman is pointing out a car in a pothole.

Although we didn't have the courage to try the "air bike", Rebecca, Dave and Roman enjoy watching others.

Dave is pointing out the Burns and McDonnell sign----my brother works for this engineering firm.
Dave is enjoying Roman's music!

After the "Science City", we went to Crown Center where we had lunch at Fritz's.First, we ordered lunch on the phone, then a train, running along a track below the ceiling, brought us lunch in a white box.
The lunch was then lowered to our table by hydraulics.
The food was not the greatest, but it was a fun place for a couple of train fans!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.