Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Teaching Miss Daisy

The dog show at Purina Farms inspired the children to have a show with Daisy, a 9 year-old Siberian Huskey. First, they set the balls and "frisbee" in front of her to entice her to run and jump.
Brett really wanted Daisy to jump in the pool after a frisbee, but. . .
Daisy showed little interest and the pool was a little small.
Next, they wanted to see Daisy jump in the air for frisbees, but. . .

this is all the further we could get her off the ground. . .for popcorn.
Next, was the obstacle course, but. . .
it was hard to do on a leash (Grandma's back yard is not fenced and Daisy has a tendency to run off).
Finally, we decided to create some "tricks" we thought she could do---this is balancing a "frisbee" on her head.
Next, we decided to test her tracking skills by hiding popcorn to see if she could find it.

Yea! What a good dog!
It didn't take much for Eli to celebrate---he does like to "drum."

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

ha ha hee hee ... i like the picture of her balancing the coffee lid on her head. :)

Leah Morgan Korbel said...

Great show!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.