Sunday, August 17, 2008

Apple Tree Part One

When we first moved here, we planted two apple trees, a peach tree and a cherry tree. Thirty years later we have one apple tree. We get a pretty decent crop every other year. But, sometimes eager hands can't quite wait for the apples to mature.


Brett was tall enough to tug on the branches---green apples fell!
Libby enjoyed picking them up and putting them in the basket along with her bigger brother Davis. They collected quite a few green apples before Grandma Meany told them they had enough. We needed to "cook up" what we picked. Then, if they liked the green apples cooked, they could pick more.

3 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

WOW your new camera takes great shots!!!!!! but i'll give you some credit, too! your oprah episode that taught you all your photog skills is still paying off i can see! :) love the shot up the apple tree!

Leah Warren said...

I was about to say the same thing Rach!

Jaclyn Morgan said...

I was hoping to get some better shots tonight of the squirrels tonight. . .I even caught one with an apple in his mouth, but by the time I got outside with the camera, he was high up in the ash tree. The kids and tree were easier to photograph than the rabbits and squirrels---see Apple Tree part Two.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.