Thursday, August 21, 2008

Next Blog


OK, I'm relatively new at this Blog Stuff and I do have some time on my hands, but I really think my natural curiosity is more to blame. I really enjoy hitting the "Next Blog" button. At first, I thought it would get me to another page of my daughter's. I was quite shocked the first time when it put me on another continent---Asia, I believe. I became something of an eavesdropper, snooper and just enjoyed seeing what people were putting out there. So, it is part curiosity, but it is also part research to make mine a more interesting Blog.

My daughter says that leaving comments on people's pages when I don't know them is a little "over the top." But, I just had to set the record straight on a visitor to St. Louis who thought we still hadn't cleaned up the flood debris from FIFTEEN YEARS AGO! Hello, we just flooded again this summer.

Then, there was the woman who lived in West Palm Beach and was soooo lonely. She wrote something about waving at a car from Missouri and no one in the car waved back. So, I had to write her a cheery note to let her know that not everyone from Missouri was unfriendly.

So, whereas my daughters have regular features on "Flashback Friday" or "10 for Tuesday", I'm going to have an occasional post on fun stuff I find on "Next Blog."

Please leave a comment if you are a "Next Blog" Spy, too.

2 comments:

hear.t. and hue said...

I REALLY LOVE YOUR PHOTO. needs to be turned into a graphic w/ some text "the 'next blog' snoop/spy".

but also know that if you comment on a "next blog" & it's not done anonymously, then ultimately they can be linked back to you. :) just thought i'd remind you before you start your next blog-snoopfest. :) ha start commenting anonymously unless you WANT them to know you! :)

Jaclyn Morgan said...

It was hard to find a photo/icon that didn't represent "spy ware". I actually looked for "Next Blog" icons but didn't find much. I thought this was pretty cute.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.