Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Gwandsons

Several weeks ago my grandson Brett (6) was visiting and watching his favorite video about all kinds of trains and trolleys. His sister (1) and cousin (2) were with him. He was overheard to say, "Can you say trowey. . .tro-wey."

Today his brother Davis (4) and I were outside playing "I see something. . ." Davis went first, "I see something green." Me: "Are you kidding me? trees, grass. ." Davis: "It begins with the "g" sound." Me: "Garden?" Yes! When it was his turn again, he said, "I see something gray." I guessed clouds, sky, sidewalk. He said, "No, it has the "w" sound." Skeptically I said, "Walrus?" He said, "Here's another hint, it eats carrots." I said, "Wabbit?" He said, "Yes, WABBIT!"

You got to love them, speech impediments and all!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

i see you got the knack of the right-click! :) ha yeah & don't forget libby & all her "boos"... looks like speech therapy for all!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.