Sunday, August 17, 2008

Apple Tree Part Two

I looked out my kitchen window the other day and saw all sorts of "action" around my apple tree. So, I went out to investigate. There were two rabbits at the base of the tree gnawing on apples. But, there was a lot of commotion IN the tree, too.

At first I thought it was just birds, pecking at my apples, but then I noticed a furry body,too. There was a squirrel in the tree pulling on the apples making the green apples shower down to the ground for the rabbits to gnaw on.


His furry head (looking down at me) is arched between the first and second branch from the left (where the white sky meets the leaves---double click for close-up). Wow! They were a team almost as effective as the grandchildren. The squirrel (like Brett) was bouncing the limbs sending the apples down to the rabbits (Davis and Libby). While I may have taught my grandchildren a lesson about green apples, I give up with the animals! Maybe we'll have red apples to eat "regular" and maybe we won't!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.