Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tag! You're It!

How it works:
1. Post the rules of the game at the beginning.
2. Each player answers questions about themselves
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read the players blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers

Where were you 5 years ago?
We were right here in Missouri, but I was probably back in school.

What are 5 things on your to do list for the weekend?
1. Rest after the church rummage sale.
2. Update the Deacon Handbook.
3. Laundry
4. Vacuum
5. Clean up toys from grandchildren's visit

What are 5 favorite snacks?
1. Popcorn
2. Hot pretzel at Auntie Anne's
3. Pita chips and hummus
4. Cheese, Crackers
5. Chocolate chip cookes

What are 5 things you would do if you were a billionaire?
1. Give 10% to charities
2. Set up trustfunds for the grandchildren's college funds
3. Print off some pictures of our grandchildren and update our Brett collection
4. Take an around-the-world cruise on a private yacht with close family & friends
5. Buy a Smart car or a Vespa.

What are five of your bad habits ?
1. Not updating my photo collection
2. Eating too much
3. Not thinking I have 5 bad habits
4. Why doesn't anyone ever want to know my GOOD habits?!
5. I'm in my 60's---I've whittled the bad habits down to two. . .or three

What are five places you've lived? (these are not in order)
1. St. Louis, MO
2. Pittsburgh, PA
3. Ballwin, MO
4. Cape Girardeau, MO
5. Bellefontaine Neighbors, MO (and Memmingen, Bayern, Deutschland)

What are 5 jobs you've had?
1. Lifeguard & Swim Instructor
2. Waitress and Hostess at Howard Johnson's
3. Mailroom clerk and Snack bar Associate in College
4. High School and Middle School Teacher--German, Reading, English
5. English as Second Language Teacher (K-Adult)

Five people I tag.
1. The first person who "Next Blog"s me
2. The second person who "Next Blog"s me
3. The third person who "Next Blog"s me
4. The fourth person who "Next Blog"s me
5. The fifth person who "Next Blog"s me

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.