Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Visitors--Day One


The Twenter Family (minus Kyle who was travelling) arrived late Christmas Day. The Warrens (who live in town) were in and out. The Lewis Family (minus dogs Casie and Louie) arrived Dec. 26. It looks like the grandchildren have already made New Year's Resolutions! Roman looks like he resolved to be a good little boy in the photo on the left!
Brett resolves to take more photos without his signature finger over the lens! Good job, Brett!
Davis resolves to "bulk up."
Libby resolves to be more like her Mom---those are mighty big shoes to fill, Lib!

Eli resolves to play well with his cousins---even when they are invading "his space"---he gets spoiled being the only "in-town" granchild.


Brett resolved to read the newspaper more like Grandpa! Also, he and Davis decided they could get more creative with their naps (can you find Brett and Davis? Hint: don't look in the beds)



We'll see how those resolutions work out!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

seriously - brett napping with his backpack on, in that position. WHAT THE .... i wish i would've seen him those last 30 seconds or so before he was OUT.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.