Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Year's Resolution 2008-2009

I’ve been thinking about Resolutions. Last year my focus was on being healthier and more environmentally responsible.

Here are some of last year’s resolutions that I will continue into 2009.

-Grow more of my own food. (I did great in the yellow squash category---not so well in others)
Click here for more information on my squash.
-Buy more locally---“locally” means as close to home as possible and not from another country. (I recently chose Florida oranges over Spanish clementines)
-Use cloth bags (I even have several for my purse and in Dave’s van) not paper or plastic.
-Feed the birds (I upped the ante this year and bought thistle for a feeder, a block of food for “woodpeckers”, a new feeder)

-Clean out files and magazines and recycle paper (my box of old Christmas cards, fuzzy photos are gone)

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.