Friday, May 29, 2009

Easter Eggs in May



Every year, I find Easter eggs long after the event. This week, I've found 3 eggs. Now, why can't we find them at Easter? Well, my family hunts about 300 eggs each year. So, don't even suggest a map, a grid or counting! We've tried all of that. We have already agreed to cut down on the number because it is just too much candy. So, if we hide 30 eggs, I think people will look a little harder for them.

On the other hand, it is sort of a family tradition to find the eggs the following summer. I think my family remembers several occasions when the eggs were found by smell. One that was particularly ripe was in the bumper of someone's car. (Bumpers used to be concave with lots of space to hide eggs near the places where they attach to the car)


But, really, family! Two of the eggs were PINK---didn't exactly blend in with the green and brown of their surrounding area. Granted, I did get a little lazy in my hiding and just started tossing them in my flower beds.

The animals haven't had too much trouble finding them. . .

1 comment:

Christi Provost said...

And how do we know the ones you find are from the current year?
Love it! I guess that's an argument against hard-boiled.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.