Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mother's Month

There's nothing "sacred" about Mother's Day---it's OK with me if my kids want to just celebrate my wonderfulness for an entire month. Mother's Day weekend, Leah and Eli spent a few days with us. We went to a "Daughters of God" luncheon at church (Eli was the only male) on Saturday. Then, we went to worship on Sunday together.
The following weekend, we were with our other two daughters and 4 grandchildren. We went to Rebecca's to help her keep an eye on Roman while she had a garage sale. . .
Business picked up when Rebecca made this sign---the "girls" are celebrating the success of their 2-day sale!
Then, we went in to Rachel's to watch Brett, Davis and Libby while Rachel and Kyle went to a wedding.
Davis was very proud of their compost pile and garden.
Libby loves her swing.
Brett wanted us to feel welcome by wearing his Cardinal gear! (He brought Grandpa a Royals cap to watch the Royals baseball game though)
On Sunday after church, we went to The Blue Moose for brunch.

We had great food and the kids seemed to enjoy the Al Fresco dining. Thanks Warrens, Lewises and Twenters for a great month!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.