Friday, May 8, 2009

Visiting in Dallas


We were in Dallas visiting my sister and her husband, Richard, who impressed us with his new wine-making skills.
His bottle of Robison Reserve is below two paintings my daughter painted.
Richard also entertained us with several movies in "Sparky's Home Theater": The Changeling and Switchback. Dave also brought several Blade Runner cuts for us to see on the "Big Screen".
Jane and Richard have a beautiful home. I did notice today that I took 1/3 as many steps as I did at Jane's house by 9:00 AM.
Speaking of walking, we took many visits down to the lake by their house.

We would often stand by this wall and share it with a visitor.
But, it wasn't just about walking down their street, watching movies, drinking wine. . .
We also were able to visit our friends---the Russells! Margie and I went to grade school, high school, college and our first jobs together. We were able to see Margie three times and went with her and Theron out to eat one night.
Dave caught up with his magazine reading and his computing. Oh, yes, we were there helping my sister after her surgery. She didn't want me taking her photo, but if you look in the upper left corner, you'll see her in her new recliner.

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

oh how fun!!!!! oh i love the way she grouped the house & wine portrait together! they look great! looked like a nice time ... and i'm glad you could help out your sis!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.