Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Going to Mizzou!


Last weekend, Dave and I drove to Columbia to meet the Lewises for a Mizzou football game. I love looking at all of the Tiger fans driving to Mizzou. I remember my dad showing his Tiger pride with a tail hanging out the car.


I love parts of the drive with the beautiful scenery and autumn leaves.

But, I HATE the Billboards.

I HATE the big trucks,

And, I hate the people who ride each other's bumpers. We didn't have as much traffic as the Lewises, people just insisted on following closely going 70-80 MPH.

After meeting the Lewises at the hotel, we piled in the van and drove to the game. We were surprised that people parked as much as 2 miles away from the stadium.

People would "Tail-gate" by the side of the road or outside the parking garage. You don't need a tail-gate---a few lawn chairs, a cooler with beverages and a couple of bowl of chips---instant party.

Some of the Tailgaters were quite creative---note Tiger Country on the left and the scaffolding for a party in the distance.

Here is Rebecca with her father-in-law Larry at our "Tailgate" Party.

We were in this section, but couldn't decide if it should be called "dubya, dubya, dubya" or "3 Double-u" or "Tri-dubya". We each had our personal favorites. No one liked my "Tri-double upside down Deltas" though.

Rebecca made a very attractive bean dip for us to eat at the tailgate party.
Someone even gave Roman a Tiger tail which his daddy put through his belt loop.
Dave and I took our seats early and were a little shocked at the Marching Band uniforms until we found out this was the "alumnae band" entertaining us before the big game!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

wow!!!!!! i felt like i was there! even got to sit in the back of the van on highway 70 for the drive there, too! :)

CUTE photos!!!!!!! looked like a GREAT TIME FOR ALL!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.