Sunday, October 5, 2008

St. Mark Charity Scramble


Saturday Oct. 4, our church St. Mark Presbyterian sponsored a charity golf scramble to benefit our local food pantry. It was so foggy that if we hadn't had our GPS talking to us, we would have missed the turn. But the sunrise was beautiful coming through the fog.

This was held at the Landing at Spirit of St. Louis which is on the back side of one of our airports.

Despite the fog, we had 63 golfers come out for the game.

Our greeters handed out goody bags, free drink coupons, sold mulligans, and enrolled the golfers for several drawings.

Glen Koenen, the head of the Circle of Concern and Andy Emery who began this event several years ago while a deacon at St. Mark.


Our pastor Steve Ranney joined us.

As did Terry Sparks or is that Payne Stewart reincarnated?


Here are Andy Emery, Joel and Keeven Dauve.

After some coffee and donuts. . .

They were off---over 30 carts took off.

I don't know how they could follow the ball with that fog. (The course is less than a mile from the Missouri River) Sean Butler, another pastor, reported the fog did finally burn off and they had a beautiful day.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.