Thursday, October 9, 2008

Kids' Pix


My daughter, Rachel, wrote a blog on her kids getting her camera and taking random photos.
Click here for her blog AFTER you see mine (hers is better, but I just wanted her to see that she did the same thing).

The only thing WORSE than finding random pix on your digital camera, is paying for film, paying for it to be developed and seeing these random pictures. OK, one thing that is even worse---not pitching the photos right away and holding on to them for 20 years. I promise with George Eastman as my witness, I will throw these photos away. Rachel, click here for information on George Eastman.

Kids are natural paparazzi---give a kid a camera and feel like a celebrity

There's a bit of a learning curve on getting the subject centered without chopping off heads.

Then there are those photos that you wonder, what the motivation for the photo was.
Actually, Leah is the more normal looking one below---the crazy one is her friend Lisa.



Now, you can go to Rachel's site--Click here. I do have more photos---I can recall one Rachel took of her sister Rebecca outside writing fan letters to Kirk Cameron. I'm sure I have it somewhere. Speak now, or these photos are going in the trash!

1 comment:

hear.t. and hue said...

funny funny. i love the one of you on the stairs (random - we stopped you on the stairs to take that) & the one of you getting out of the van?

yes i love the modeling one of me. keep it.

and the hairspray models are great... but i'll let leah decide to keep those or not.

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.