Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When Grandparents Visit Part I

ROAD TRIP! Eli, Leah, Dave and I decided to go on a Road Trip to Kansas City to visit the Lewis Family and the Twenter Family. Here's Eli watching his Mr. Roger's Neighborhood DVD and Dave driving down I-70 to the tune of "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. . . .".
We might have made maybe one more stop than usual to stretch our legs. But, that's OK ,Eli, Grandpa and I should get out and walk more, too.
We went to the Lewis's first because we had brought a cooler with Trader Joe provisions. Then, Leah and Eli took the van down to the Twenters while Grandpa and I stayed at the Lewises. Roman is certainly an inquisitive child--note to self: don't leave purse within Roman's reach!

Roman wondered what Grandpa had in his ears and liked Grandpa's music so much. . .

The next day, we went to a Pumpkin Patch out near Liberty (or was it Independence---am I the only one confused by two cities that mean the same thing being near each other---wonder if there was ever the city Freedom nearby?)
While we waited for the train, Roman helped Grandpa with his cane. He's such a helpful little boy that he always gets Grandpa his cane. . .wonder why Grandpa keeps "misplacing" it?
We petted animals, ate a picnic lunch and took lots of photos.

Then, after school (and after naps for those under 3), we met the Twenters and Warrens for some ice cream. After a little snack, we transferred luggage and gear, and we traded places---the Warrens went north with the Lewises and the Morgans went south with the Twenters.



Brett had been at Cub Scouts with Dad while we were switching places. Doesn't he look handsome in his uniform? Think he's proud to be a Scout?!
Before it got dark, we "played" outside. Davis rode his bicycle (with helmet) and big wheel (without helmet)

Libby showed us that she was more conscious of safety---when mowing the sidewalk, always wear long pants, closed toed shoes and a helmet!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.