Thursday, October 23, 2008

When Grandparents Visit Part II


When we visit our daughters' families, we always have time to read a story to the kids---even if they think they need to wear a helmet for storytime!
It's always a treat to watch them in their natural habitat---Rachel's kids do like to cook!
Of course getting to celebrate a special occasion like Brett's birthday is "icing on the cake." For more information on Brett's party click here .
But, all good things must come to an end---Rebecca and Roman brought Leah and Eli down to the Twenters---we got all packed up and said our good-byes. It was time for the 5 hour trip home.
Brett and Davis had school and missed our farewell!
Where do those c*r*a*z*y daughters of mine get that need to clown around?

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.