Monday, October 20, 2008

Shaw's Garden in Fall


Missouri Botanical Gardens is one of my favorite places. One of my goals is to visit at least once each season. Here is my signature Niki sculpture in the fall (compare her to the June image above right)

The Niki exhibit is in its final days---it's over October 31. Hopefully, some benefactor will purchase a piece or two for us to enjoy next year, too. Here are some I hadn't seen on previous trips. These were both pieces you could sit on.

These are all together---sports figures. I love the golfer---doesn't he look like Tiger Woods?

This above was left from the Dale Chihuly exhibit several years ago---it was one of my favorite pieces from that exhibit.



Some of the containers were especially beautiful. That's the Linneaus House in the background---one of the oldest buildings.



The roses and dahlias were very pretty.

The Japanese Garden is always breath-taking. I sort of wish we'd waited until the leaves were more colorful, but it's always a relaxing and beautiful place to visit.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.