Thursday, October 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brett!


Today is my oldest grandson's birthday---I can't believe he is already 7 years old. Leah, Eli, Dave and I visited him (and the rest of our KC kids) last week in Kansas City where we had an early birthday celebration. He helped his mother fix the cupcakes by using the mixer all by himself.


Then, we all hopped in the Suburban and went to a Mexican restaurant near the River Market. There we met Jason, Rebecca, Roman, Leah and Eli who came down from Parkville.


You haven't lived unless you have chased 4 pre-schoolers around a Mexican restaurant. Rebecca even took Roman for a long walk around the block. Fortunately there was a room near us that was vacant.

After dinner, Brett opened presents. Above is a Leapster game from Grandpa and me. Below is him modeling his new snake shirt from the Lewis Family.

We had cupcakes. Some (Eli) enjoyed the cupcakes more than those of us who merely ate them.

Then, we said our good-byes on the parking lot. Rachel and I handed out glo-stick jewelry for party favors. It was a lot of fun! (Libby has a glo-bracelet on her right arm). Brett, we hope you have a fabulous Robot birthday---we love you!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.