Tuesday, October 7, 2008

When Granchildren visit. . .

We explore new parks and go on picnics (Roman, Davis, Brett, Libby at Longview Park).

We find creative ways to use ordinary objects like laundry baskets to get away from little sister.


We experiment with fashion.

Grandchildren find musical instruments we haven't heard in a long time--boing, boing!

We learn creative ways to sit in shopping carts!

We get help scaring birds and rabbits from the garden!
Davis helps with the garden by making the scary face and the snake (made from a paper plate) to scare the rabbits from my carrots.

We take time to smell the roses and listen to music while shopping. I THINK Eli enjoys music just not the headphones.

We learn how to add fiber to our diets.

We get creative making tables for the kids (before we bought the picnic table). This is the piano bench.
On cold winter days, we dredge up all of those Girl Scout memories and make pinecone/peanutbutter feeders for the birds.

We discover Roman making another "fashion statement" i.e. flashing the neighborhood.

The End :-)


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hilar...

Christi Provost said...

I like how Eli was actually STRAPPED IN backwards!

hear.t. and hue said...

:D ha!!!!!

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.