Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkins



One the highlights each Fall was to go to the Pumpkin Patch. For us, it was Rombach's Pumpkin Patch in Gumbo (now, The Valley---the community has gone upscale). Click here for a map.

They didn't have a corn maze, a playground, animals to pet---just pumpkins, acres and acres of pumpkins.


Then, we took them home for Daddy to help with. The girls first drew on them and Dad got the knife out to carve the pumpkins.

Everyone was so excited to see their design turn into a scary Jack-o-lantern.

Well, everyone except Leah who must have been in bed.

Now, the grandchildren are visiting pumpkin patches. Here's Roman at Carolyn's Country Cousin which had a train, a maze, a petting zoo, a cafe---

oh, and they had pumpkins, too.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.